Audible is an amazing and famous audiobook and podcast service across the world. It is one of the best platforms for books lover, podcast listeners, and audio fans. Audible offers original audio, audiobooks, podcasts, celebrities’ biography with their own voice, and exclusive series.
First, when you subscribe you will get 30 days free trial for audible, and when the trial ends you can purchase a monthly subscription to audible and which is also known as Audible plus or Audible premium plus. For the subscription, you need to sign up using your Amazon account.
In this article, you will get to know everything you need to know about audible books. You will find out whether the audible membership worth it or not and how can you buy it from Amazon.
What is an Audible book?
Audible is a service from Amazon which allows users to listen to audiobooks and podcasts. There are thousands of titles in the plus catalog such as audible originals, audiobooks, exclusive series, and podcasts you can listen to all of them.
You can listen to top narrators’ and celebrity’s voice, their biography, favorite story and award-winning audiobooks, and more. You can listen to audible books anytime and anywhere.
When you sign up for the first time you will get 30 days of free membership with audible. If you keep the membership on one of their plans then you will get credits that can be exchanged for your chosen title.
How does an audible book work?
When you will sign up for Audible on the standard membership, you will get a new audiobook every month when you become a member.
Each credit deserves a title from a wide selection of best sellers and new releases. Once the month or year credit is used up, you can get the title at a 30% discount for members.
You can listen audibly through android phones, iOS devices, and windows.
Purchase audible books on Amazon
- To purchase an audible book you must first set up your Audible account through the app using the same email you use for Amazon.
- Then go to the Amazon app on your phone and open it.
- Now search for the book you want to purchase and click on the book icon and open the product page then click on the “Get this book” option and then click on audiobook from the purchase option, if it is needed
- Finish up your purchase with any standard Amazon and check the book that now it will be ready to play through the audible app.
Download Audible Apps on Android and iOS devices
- Go to the play store on your device, look for the search bar in the top right corner then type “Audible”.
- Select the Audiobooks from Audible from the appeared search results.
- Click install to get the app on your device.
- Once it is downloaded click on the icon to Open the app and sign in.
- Open the app store on your iOS device and click on the search icon.
- Then Type “Audible” in the search box and hit search.
- Click on the app from the search results and click on the Get button to install the app.
- For downloading the app you need to enter your Apple ID and password. If you don’t have then you have to create one.
- Once the app gets installed, tap to open the app.
Advantages of Audible books
Here are some of the advantages of Audible books.
- Listening to Audiobooks saves a lot of time and energy. You can listen to audible books anytime and anywhere and it is usually faster than reading a book.
- Another benefit of Audible books is that you can listen to audible books while doing other things at the same time but while reading the book you can only focus on reading not on other things.
- Audible books are portable, you can carry them anywhere without weight but paperback books cannot be carried around with you every time. Especially those books which are big, long, and heavy. For avoiding these problems you can switch from Audible books to Paperback books.
- The other advantage of audiobooks is that they are quite cheaper than paperback books.
- There is no need for lighting For Audible books. Since You can listen to audible books in the dark that means these can be good for camping and other places where there isn’t much light.
- Audible books are good for those people who can’t read books and for those who are suffering from some disabilities.
In these situations, Audible books can be a good element of entertainment and educational purpose also.
Disadvantages of Audible books
Some of the advantages of Audible books
- The biggest disadvantage of audible books is you may forget to read. You might think that it’s nonsense but if you listen to audible books all the time then this can actually happen. You can forget how to read with decent speed if you don’t read any paper book.
- You will not get a similar feeling as reading books. You feel empty and you may feel lost by listening to audible books instead of paper books.
- You will also feel cut off from the outside world if you listen to Audible books all the time. Well, it doesn’t sound like a problem to you but it will become a real issue if you are just living in your own world and don’t want to deal with the real world.
- If you listen to audible books daily then your brain starts to work slowly. You will be distracted by many other things if you listen to it. Your mind will always be filled with some nonsense things you hear and you will always think about those things you hear.
- You may become too lazy listening to audible books instead of reading paper books. Being a little bit lazy will not matter that much but being too lazy will lead you to a situation where you will be depending on other people for doing things for you.
- How to Buy Audible Books From Amazon Kindle?
- How to set up CamScanner for PC with ease?
- How to Download Free Fire Game on PC, Jio Phones, & Smartphones?
- How to Reinstall Malwarebytes Premium on Windows 10?