Are you coming to Australia to work and study? Then you will be interested in knowing which are the best employment agencies in Australia. But before that, it doesn’t hurt to go over some basic things you need to know about the Australian job market. Let’s go there!
Requirements to work in Australia
The main requirements to work in Australia will come from your visa, training and level of English.
Come with the correct visa
Check all types of visas to work in Australia.
The easiest to obtain is the student visa, which allows you to work part-time while you study and full-time on vacation. There is no age limit and you do not need to have a specific level of English. Therefore, it is the ideal option for many people who decide to take the plunge and live a super experience in Australia.
Contact us if you want to know more about how it works or need help with its processing.
If your profession is among the most demanded in Australia. You may be able to apply for the Skilled Visa or the Sponsor Visa.
Just as in Spain, for example, a food handler certificate is needed for certain jobs, the same thing happens in Australia. There are certain jobs for which you will need a special certificate. For example, to serve alcoholic beverages or take care of minors, among others.
The Best Job Portal in Australia
Let’s go with some places where you can find work in Australia:
- Gumtree: it is a kind of “buy and sell” that you are going to use a lot since you arrive in Australia. Both to find work, as accommodation or a bicycle.
- Seek: a kind of “infojob” where you can find both qualified and unqualified jobs.
- AirTasker: is a platform in which jobs for specific tasks offered and demanded. For example: gardening, cleaning, moving and many more.
- Indeed: it is very ugly, but as you search in different employment pages. It is not bad to take a look, in case there any offer lost in the background of the internet that interests you.
- Jobnet: allows you to search by distance to your accommodation, and even if they offer sponsorship.
- CareerOne: the search engine is simple and you can also search for “work from home”.
- Jobsearch: belongs to the Australian government.
Tips for looking for a job in Australia
As everywhere, finding work in Australia also has its little things. We, who have had a good season here, give you some advice so that you can find a job as soon as possible.
Write an Aussie-style resume – Do not include a photo or your country of origin. Write it in perfect English and always adapt it to the job you are going to apply for.
In addition to using the online employment portals. Do not forget to deliver your CV in person as has been done all your life. Employers will be able to learn more about you. Also, not all companies include their job offers on the internet.
Prepare well what you are going to say in English when you go to an interview or even to hand in your CV. You can practice your speech with a friend.
Do not despair and try to always maintain a good attitude. A simple smile can help you get a job sooner than you think.
Did they seem few to you? Well, take note of these 15 tips for looking for a job in Australia. Also, remember that if you come with us we will give you a hand with everything, including support in the job search.
Do you want to continue receiving information about Australia? Well, go to the footer of the website and subscribe to our newsletter, so you won’t miss anything.