In this section we tell you how to share screen from any mobile device or PC to a chromecast. So that you can view all the content from said equipment.
So you can see the step by step for an Android mobile, iPhone / iPad or from a PC or Mac computer, in the latter case duplicating tabs, desktop or files.
Google allows you to duplicate the screen of any Android mobile on a TV connected to a Chromecast.
With Pixel phones, you’ll still find the option to Share screen directly from the notifications section. But for other phones you can cast the screen directly in the Google Home app.
Share Screen of my Android mobile to Chromecast
- Make sure your phone and Chromecast connected to the same Wi-Fi network.
- Open the Google Home app on the mobile. If you don’t have it installed you can download it from the Play station. And once this is done you can continue with the step by step.
- Tap the Chromecast you want to Share the phone to.
- Click on Share my screen.
- Tap Share screen.
- Google warns against displaying passwords or other sensitive data while screen recording or streaming. Click on Start now to cast the screen to the Chromecast. You can control the volume in the Home app and also tap the Stop Sharing button when you’re done.
When you’re done casting your phone to TV, you can find the controls to turn off screencasting in the Google Home app or in the notifications section.
It is worth mentioning that screen mirroring works in the same way with the chromecasts you have at home. It will only be to select the appropriate one according to its identifier.
As long as everything is set up in the Google Home app and running on the same Wi-Fi network. You can Share your phone’s screen.
You can apply this process to any mobile phone of the different brands: Samsung, Huawei, Xiaomi, OPPO, Sony, Realme, LG, Honor, OnePlus, Google, TCL, Alcatel, Nokia, Motorola, CAT, InnJoo, Lenovo, Microsoft, Elephone, HTC, ZTE, Vivo, Asus, Wiko, Haier.
Screencast on iPhone iPad using a Google Chromecast
In the case of Apple devices, whether it is an iPhone or an iPad. We have to use a third-party Mirroring application whose operation is similar to the case of Android.
The process is as follows using the app:
- Make sure your iPhone or iPad connected to the same Wi-Fi network as your Chromecast.
- Start the Mirror app for Chromecast. It will start searching for your Chromecasts on your local network. When you find them, select the correct one (in case you have several at home).
- For a correct functioning of the app, you must allow to receive notifications.
- Once this is done, we start the star mirroring to share screen of your iPhone on the Chromecast. Everything that happens on the device will displayed on the screen.
Share Screen from a Windows 10 8 7 or Mac computer to a Chromecast
In this section we see how to duplicate the screen from a Windows or Mac PC computer on a television. That has the Chromecast connected and that also connected to the same Wi-Fi network as our computer.
You can easily share a browser tab on Chrome or even your desktop. Or you may want to cast a video from your PC to TV.
This can be very useful when you are presenting from your laptop. Or if you just want to see something on a big screen that is only on your PC.
The only requirement is that you must be on the same network as your Chromecast device. And use a recent version of the Google chrome browser, as we said before.
If the option you see below does not appear in your Chrome browser. You must update it to the latest version.
How to cast my PC to TV with chromecast?
- Once you have it updated or installed for the first time. Open the browser menu by clicking on the three dots on the far right of the address bar.
- Select Send from the menu.
- This will open the streaming menu where you select what you want to stream and where. First, we need to configure it to stream the entire desktop. Click the down arrow next to “Send To” to set the source.
- Choose what you want to stream with Chromecast.
- Then select Send Desktop.
- Select Desktop to share your entire screen to Chromecast from your computer.
- Click the name of the Chromecast device you want to share to.
- Finally, click on Share / Send to the correct device, in case you have several chromecasts at home.
- When you want to end the screen sharing from desktop option. Just click on the cast icon next to the address bar and hit Stop.
- How to Buy Audible Books From Amazon Kindle?
- How to set up CamScanner for PC with ease?
- How to Download Free Fire Game on PC, Jio Phones, & Smartphones?
- How to Reinstall Malwarebytes Premium on Windows 10?